Please contact Klaus Pahlen, if you have any questions or wishes regarding travel and stay during the conference. Also requests regarding meals (food allergies).
- Who is coming – please include everyone attending from your church whether they be a delegate or a guest:
- Date and Time of arrival: ______________________________
- By train ( ). By car ( ). By Air: Airport _______________________ Flight No: __________
( ) Duesseldorf or
( ) Dortmund
From there by train to Essen Hauptbahnhof (= Main Station). In Essen you can fetch a Taxi to Weber’s Hotel (Ruhrturm, Huttropstr. 60, 45138 Essen).
- Request regarding Weber Hotel: ( ) Single room (extra € 44.50 per night) or ( ) Shared Room?
- Request regarding meals (food allergies): ______________________________________________
- Date and Time of departure: ______________________________
Please, kindly note that Information about Arrival and Departure should be sent by Members and Guests by March 15, 2023. At this time, delegates from Member Churches and Guests should also inform us about their choice of double or single rooms.
- to Weber's Hotel (Ruhrturm): Address: Huttropstr. 60, 45138 Essen, Germany. Internet: www.webershotel.de
- and to the Lutheran Church, where we meet: Address: Moltkeplatz 17, 45138 Essen. Internet: www.selk-duisburg.de/kontakt/
Highway / Autobahn A40 to Essen.
- I suggest to first go to Weber's Hotel to check in after 2 pm. Follow the navigation system or Google Maps to Huttropstr. 60, 45138 Essen, Germany. The Hotel has a parkhouse they offer for a fee of € 12,00 for 24 hours. Your could leave the car at the hotel and come on foot to the Lutheran Church. It's a 10 minutes walk.
- After check-in, please come to the Lutheran Church, where we meet: Address: Moltkeplatz 17, 45138 Essen.
Go to Duesseldorf Airport or Dortmund Airport. (Check both for the cheapest connection.)
- Duesseldorf Airport: Go from Arrival to take the monorail "SkyTrain" to the Airport Train Station "Düsseldorf Flughafen". Buy a ticket (price group C: € 13,--) for the regional train to Essen Hauptbahnhof (=Main Station). The ticket is also valid on the Bus in Essen. Duration: about 1 hours. Then ... see below "By Rail".
For detailed information with map, check here - From: Dortmund, Airport/Terminal - To: Essen, Huttropstr. 60 .
- Dortmund Airport: Go from Arrival to take the shuttle bus from Airport to Main Train Station (= Hauptbahnhof or Hbf) in Dortmund. It costs app. € 10. Then buy a ticket (price group B: € 6,10) for the regional train to Essen Hauptbahnhof (Direction: to Köln or Aachen). The ticket is also valid on the Bus in Essen. Duration: about 1.5 hours. Then ... see below "By Rail".
For detailed information with map, check here - From: Düsseldorf, D-Airport Terminal A/B/C - To: Essen, Huttropstr. 60 .
Go to Essen Hauptbahnhof (= Main Railway Station).
- From there about 2 km by Taxi or Bus 154 (to "Essen Betriebshof Ruhrallee") or Bus 155 (to "Essen Kupferdreh Bahnhof") to the Hotel. Get off the bus at "Elisabeth Krankenhaus" busstop. Cross the road and go around the big white hotel tower. The entrance is on the East side of the building (Huttropstraße 60).
- After check-in, please come on foot to the Lutheran Church. It's a 12 minutes walk. Address: Moltkeplatz 17, 45138 Essen.
To view Essen on OpenStreetMap, click here.